(817) 638-5366

999 Illinois Lane
New Fairview, Texas 76078

Contact Us

Code Enforcement

The City of New New Fairview Code Enforcement’s goal is to be a proactive and responsive department. The City believes that by proactively handling code violations, they can be quickly remedied before they become a nuisance to others. The City strives to be responsive to the needs of all citizens. However, there is a process for handling complaints that must be followed. This process may seem slow, but assures that the rights of all citizens are protected.

Burning of Trash Ordinances                                             Junk Vehicle Ordinances

Nuisance Ordinances                                                           Nuisance Ordinances

Signs Ordinances

Notice Procedure

The code officer will notify violators by either a door tag notice or by regular mail. If compliance is not met, a certified letter will be sent. If compliance is still not met, a municipal citation may be issued. Code citations are class C misdemeanors and can carry a fine up to $2,000.00. If a court date is not set or the fine not paid, a warrant will be issued for the violators arrest. Properties that do not come into compliance may be abated. To abate a property, the City may hire a contractor to bring the property into compliance. The property owner will be billed for work done plus a $200.00 administration fee. Failure to pay will result in a lien being placed on the property.

Registering a Complaint

File a complaint on line or contact City Hall. The Code Enforcement Officer will verify the complaint and determine if a violation has occurred. Violators will be sent a Notice of Violation. Tickets will be issued if the Notices are disregarded.

Common Code Violations

Grass and Weeds

Image of grass with rulerIt shall be unlawful for any person owning, claiming, occupying or having supervision or control of any real property, occupied or unoccupied, within the city to permit weeds, brush, or grass to grow thereon to a height greater than 12 inches upon any lot.



2No person owning, claiming, occupying, or having supervision or control of any real property, occupied or unoccupied, within the city shall permit or allow any stagnant or unwholesome water, filth, carrion, rubbish, refuse, junk or garbage, or impure or unwholesome matter of any kind.




Junked vehiclesA junked vehicle, including a part of a junk vehicle is visible from a public right of way.