(817) 638-5366

999 Illinois Lane
New Fairview, Texas 76078

Contact Us

Municipal Court

Hours of Operation
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

999 Illinois Lane
New Fairview, Texas 76078

Phone: (817) 638-5366
Fax: (817) 638-5369

Meeting Times:

  • The Municipal Court meets as needed.

General Docket Information:

  • Contact City Hall. You must appear in person or by mail to plea within 10 days of receipt of the citation.

Court Members

  • Judge – Manuel Valdez
  • Court Clerk – Brooke Boller
  • Prosecutor – Bradley Anderle

Judgments vs. Verdicts

If a judge tries the case, the judge’s decision is called a judgment. If a jury tries the case, the jury’s decision is called a verdict. In determining a defendant’s guilt or innocence, the judge or jury can consider only the testimony of witnesses and any evidence properly admitted during the trial. If you are found guilty by either judge or jury, the penalty will be announced at that time. Unless you plan to appeal your case, you should be prepared to pay the fine and court costs at this time.

Appealing judgments or verdicts

If you are found guilty, and are not satisfied with the judgment of the court, you have the right to appeal your case. You must file your appeal and bond within ten days after the trial date when you were convicted.

Requesting a continuance after a trial date has been set.

If you need a continuance for your trial, you must make the request or “Motion” in writing, state your reasons for the continuance, and submit your motion to the court prior to your court date. The judge will make a decision whether or not to grant the motion. You may request a continuance for the following reasons:

  • A religious holy day where the tenets of your religious organization prohibit members from participating in secular activities such as court proceedings (you must file an affidavit with the court stating this information);
  • A witness is unable to testify in your case, after you have exercised due diligence to secure the witness’ presence at trial;
  • You feel it is necessary in order to receive a fair trail;
  • Good Cause;
  • Any other reason provided by law.


All juveniles (16 year old or younger) are required to appear in open court for all proceedings in their cases, and the parent of the juvenile defendant is required to be present in court with his or her child. Failure of a parent or legal guardian to appear with a juvenile constitutes a separate misdemeanor offense by the parent. Juveniles who fail to appear in court may have an additional charge of failure to appear filed against them. Juveniles who fail to appear or who fail to pay their fine(s) will be reported to the department of Public Safety. This will result in the suspension of their driver’s license. If the juvenile does not have a license, the juvenile will be unable to obtain one until they appear in court.