Deferred disposition is an option to have your citation dismissed and not reported to your driving record. In order to have your citation dismissed, you must complete a 90 day probationary period in which no additional citations are received and satisfy all requirements of the deferral order
Terms of Deferred Disposition:
- Plea of guilty or no contest and waiver of jury trial and the right to discovery
- A 90 day probation period (cannot receive any other like violations within the probation period)
- Persons under the age of 25 with a moving violation must also complete a Driver’s Safety Course
- Payment of the full Window Fine
- Provide a copy of your Driver’s License and the Deferred Disposition Request form (CDL holders are not eligible)
- You possess a valid driver’s license, not a Commercial Drivers License.
- You are not speeding in excess of 24 mph over the limit, nor in a construction zone.
- Request is made within 20 business days of the citation.
- You are not charged with Alcohol, Drug Paraphernalia, Theft, Assault, Disorderly Conduct, Public Intoxication (Please contact the court for full list)
Requirements for Submitting a Deferred Disposition Request:
- The Deferred Disposition Request form
- Copy of your Class C Driver’s License (CDL holders are not eligible)
- Payment of full window fine
You may submit required documents via e-mail for approval, upon approval you will be notified to pay online.
Failure to Comply with the Deferred Order:
- You will be required to appear in open court for a Show Cause Hearing before the Judge and/or;
- A final judgment of Guilty may be entered by the Judge with a conviction reported to the State as required.
- Additional fees and conditions may be assessed.
How To Request Deferred Disposition
- In person- Appear at New Fairview Municipal Court before your initial appearance date to request make your request with the court clerk.
- Mail- You must complete/submit the Deferred Disposition Request Form to the court before your initial appearance date and you also must include a copy of your driver’s license
- By email- You must submit the Deferred Disposition Request Form, a copy of your driver’s license, and also be ready to make your payment in full
You MUST contact the New Fairview Municipal Court to verify payment of total cost.